What is Stamp 5 (Without Condition as to Time) in Ireland?
Stamp 5 is a permission that allows its holders to live and work in Ireland
Stamp 5 permission means that you are allowed to live and work in Ireland without the need for an Employment Permit. It does not give you a right to any particular public service or funding. The relevant government Department or State agency makes this decision.
All intending applicants must have legal residence in Ireland to apply.
Conditions attached to Stamp 5
The following conditions apply to holders of Stamp 5 in Ireland. They must:
- Obey the laws of Ireland.
- Avoid involvment in any criminal activity.
- Reside continuously in the state. Here, continuous residency implies living in Ireland for the period covered by the temporary permission to remain.However, the permit allow reasonable periods of absence from the State for holidays, exceptional family circumstances or commitments outside the State arising from business or employment carried out within the State.
- Make every effort to be employed and not become an undue burden to the State.
- Accept that the granted permission does not automatically gives persons related to them (such as family members) the right to enter or remain in Ireland.
The following stamps can be counted when applying for a Stamp 5:
- Stamp 1.
- Stamp 1G.
- Stamp 3.
- Stamp 4.
- Stamp 4S.
When counting the stamps on applicant’s passport, the following stamps cannot be counted:
- Stamp 4 EuFam.
- Stamp 0.
- Student – Stamp 2 or Stamp 2A.
- Temporary Registered Doctor’s – Stamp 4.
- Trainee Accountants – Stamp 1A.
- Intra Company Transfer – Stamp 4.
- Spouse or dependent of an Intra Company Transfer – Stamp 3.
- Temporary visitors permission granted at the port of entry.
- Cancelled Stamps.
Applicants should note that the above list of stamps are not the exhaustive lists for acceptable and unacceptable stamps.
Documents required to apply for Stamp 5
The following documents of applicants must be submitted along with the completed application form:
- A full colour copy of the current passport and all past or expired passports that shows the applicant’s immigration stamps.
- A copy of their Irish Residence Permit (IRP).
- Financial documentation such as copies of tax returns (which serve as proof of their continuous residency in Ireland).
- Bank statements for the previous six months.
How to apply for Stamp 5
Applicants should proceed to download the application form on the Irish Immigration website online and fill out each sections of the form carefully and truthfully. They should make good use of the document checklist to ensure they include all requested documents.
They should mail the completed form along with documents to the address below:
Unit 3 – Residence Division
Immigration Service Delivery
Department of Justice
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2 D02 XK70
There is no application fee. However, candidates who get a Stamp 5 will pay the appropriate registration fee when registering their permission using the online registration portal.
Processing Time for Stamp 5
Applications currently take a minimum of six months to process. Applications are processed as they come and considered in their merits.
Applying for Irish immigration stamps can be quite tricky and difficult, depending on your personal circumstances. Lucky for you, our professional immigration experts have gone down that road many times successfully and possess the experience and skills applicable to your situation.
Upon subscribing to our services, we will assign you a case-specific immigration expert who will make sure you meet all requirements regarding application and documentation.
Contact us today on (+353) 061 518 025 or chat with us online to get answers and to access our services.
Last modified on August 15th, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Document Check Package
Document checking service that ensures your documents are sufficient to prove your eligibility.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration experts will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Department of Justice & Equality on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our team and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Document Check Package
Our Document Checking Package is a service for those who need to submit their application but choose to do so on their own but want help with ensuring their documents are in line with the requirements for the visa. Our immigration consultants will check your documents in this case.
The following are some of the reasons that may lead to the Minister revoking your permission:
- You have broken the conditions of your permission or you did not declare criminal convictions or ongoing trials
- You failed to register your permission with your local immigration office, as required by law
- You provided misleading or inaccurate information to the Minister or other authorities of the State.
A person who is an undue burden on the Irish government receives a social welfare payment which is means tested or not related to their Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) contributions. Applications from such persons may be refused.